I'm a huge fan of 'leftover dinners' and Bubble & Squeak is perfect after a Sunday roast where you cooked too many roast potatoes, and have some greens that still need using up. Adding a Yolk Folk Poached Egg not only boosts the protein in the dish but it gives you a gorgeous gooey yolkiness to dip into.
For one person you'll need;
350g cooked potatoes (I used a mix of chopped up roast potatoes and mash)
160g cooked green veg (cabbage, kale, sliced brussels sprouts, broccoli etc.)
80g sliced onion
1 tbsp olive oil
25g grated cheese
1 medium egg
1 Yolk Folk Poached Egg
Salt and pepper
What you need to do;
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl and break them up using a fork.
- Add the sliced onion, sliced green vegetables, grated cheese and one egg. Then season and stir well.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and tip the potato and vegetable mixture in. Using a wooden spoon, push the mixture into a round patty and turn the heat down to medium.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes then tip it out onto a plate and slide it back into the pan to cook the other side.
- Pop the Yolk Folk Poached Egg out of it's pouch and on to a microwave plate. Microwave for 20 seconds.
- When the Bubble and Squeak is golden and crispy, turn it out onto a plate and top with the Yolk Folk Poached Egg.
If you enjoyed this Yolk Folk topped meal, why not try our Pea and Asparagus Risotto topped with a Yolk Folk Poached Egg too?
Let us know what you think by leaving us a comment...