This popular Middle Eastern dish makes a great one-pot lunch or dinner as well as a tasty breakfast or brunch.
Make a big bowl of the Shakshuka base and put it in the fridge, then you can just reheat and add the eggs for a quick meal later in the week.
For two servings you'll need;
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 30g tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 Yolk Folk poached eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Chilli flakes to garnish
- 80g crumbled feta
- 4 tortilla wraps
What you need to do;
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat then add the onion and pepper.
- Stir regularly and cook through for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, cumin and paprika then cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and half of the coriander and bring to a simmer. Simmer for a further 10 minutes until it has thickened slightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave or a frying pan.
- One at a time remove the Yolk Folk poached eggs from their packaging and place on a microwaveable plate. Microwave each one for 20 seconds.
- Divide the tomato mixture between two bowls and add an egg to each bowl.
- Sprinkle with the feta, the remaining coriander and the chilli flakes and serve with the tortillas on the side.
If you enjoyed this Middle Eastern Yolk Folk topped recipe, why not try our Turkish Eggs recipe too?
Let us know what you think by leaving us a comment...