This toasted sourdough treat is delicious as a brunch or lunch, and only takes minutes to make.
The oozy yolk melts into the creamy aioli creating a wonderful contrast with the crusty sourdough. While the roasted red pepper adds freshness and the pesto on the side adds a depth of flavour to the dish.
For one serving you'll need;
2 slices sourdough bread
15ml olive oil
1 red pepper
1 Yolk Folk poached egg
3 tsp aioli
2 tsp pesto
What you need to do;
- Place a griddle pan over a medium heat.
- Cut the pepper into large pieces, discarding the stalk and seeds.
- Pour 5ml of the olive oil into the pan and add the red pepper. Keep an eye on it as you prepare the rest of the dish, and turn it occasionally.
- Toast the slices of sourdough to your preferred colour and then place onto a plate. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Once the peppers have softened and have begun to char, remove them from the pan and place on top of the toasted sourdough.
- Remove the Yolk Folk poached egg from its pouch, and place on a microwaveable plate. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Sit the Yolk Folk poached egg on top of the peppers and add the spoonful of aioli.
- Place the pesto on the side and serve.
If you have enjoyed this delicious brunch dish, why not try our Mexican Style Eggs Benedict and let us know what you think?
And if you can resist from tucking in right away, take a photo of your dish and post it on one of our social media pages – tagging us in. We’re on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and we’d love to see what you make.